This Just In - Coverage in Genetic Engineering News
Jul 20, 2018 - Rare Disease "Hub" Draws Support from Drug Developers
Review of our recent Rare Disease Symposium, launching the Rare Disease Research Hub. This community for life science researchers, engineers, and data scientists brings together international thought leaders on a regular basis. Feasibility study is ongoing for building the Rare Disease Research Institute as a soft landing/accelerator for growing companies. Watch for recordings! Click for more
Rare Disease Symposium
July 18, 2018, Iona College
In the News:
- Rare Disease "Hub" Draws Support from Drug Developers (Genetic Engineering News)
- Westchester Biotech Project Aims to Become Rare Disease "Hub" (ClinicalOMICs)
- July 18 Symposium At Iona College Brings Together Global Thought Leaders to Discuss Medical Possibilities, Potential Breakthroughs (White Plains Patch)
About Us: The Westchester Biotech Project brings together researchers, engineers, and data scientists from across therapeutics, diagnostics, and devices. Based in the Westchester County, NY region, this is a borderless initiative with opportunities for local, national, and international collaboration.
Actions in the works include the Rare Disease Hub, dynamic asset mapping, and a report on regional capabilities for clinical research.
Reach out to get involved! firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation in Research 2018
June 12, 2018, Purchase College, SUNY
This was a powerful gathering of thought leaders from across the region and beyond. Watch for updates!
In the News:
- Westchester County and the International Biotech Boom (White Plains Patch)
- Living to 150? Repairing the brain? Biotech community inspired by possibilities (lohud)
- Old-world Venture Capital struggles to compete with new-world technology… (Medium)
"Bringing together scientists, engineers, and clinicians from many companies and institutions is the best way to stimulate future research collaborations."
Dr. Carla Romney, Fordham University